This role has been designated as ‘Edge’, which means you will primarily work outside of an HPE office.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is the global edge-to-cloud company advancing the way people live and work. We help companies connect, protect, analyze, and act on their data and applications wherever they live, from edge to cloud, so they can turn insights into outcomes at the speed required to thrive in today’s complex world. Our culture thrives on finding new and better ways to accelerate what’s next. We know diverse backgrounds are valued and succeed here. We have the flexibility to manage our work and personal needs. We make bold moves, together, and are a force for good. If you are looking to stretch and grow your career our culture will embrace you. Open up opportunities with HPE.
Job Family Definition:
Storage Sales Specialists for our Danish Channel are responsible for developing and proactively driving funnel ad closing opportunities within our partner community. Collaborates with and supports Partner Sales Managers and provides specialist expertise within the channel sales team.
Management Level Definition:
Applies developedsubject matter knowledge to solve common and complex business issues within established guidelines and recommends appropriate alternatives. Works on problems of diverse complexity and scope. May act as a team or project leader providing direction to team activities and facilitates information validation and team decision making process. Exercises independent judgment within generally defined policies and practices to identify and select a solution. Ability to handle most unique situations. May seek advice in order to make decisions on complex business issues.
- Responsible for sales of storage products and solutions in assigned territory, industry or accounts.
- Seeks out new opportunities by expanding and enhancing existing opportunities.
- Develops pursuit plans and builds and manages the storage sales pipeline.
- Contributes to proposal development, negotiations and deal closings.
- Works closely with and supports the Partner Sales Manager, providing technical expertise and support.
- Directs and coordinates supporting sales activities related to pipeline hygiene through account managers, Presales, channel partners and other relevant stakeholders.
- Collaborates across the HPE teams to deliver a consistent approach to developing business, including account planning for end to end solutions
- Drives sales of the Storage portfolio, using strong leadership and initiative to successfully prospect, negotiate and close deals.
- Focuses on and works with the channel to forge relationships, provide enablement of key technologies, and co-sell to end-users.
- Reinforces and articulates HPE’s strategy and portfolio to partners and champions to uncover new business opportunities and contacts, including new logos when appropriate.
- Demonstrated achievement of progressively higher quota, interface with diverse business customers.
- Storage related sales experience strongly desired.
- Uses expertise to negotiate and drive deals, to ensure successful closure and a high win rate.
- Uses client engagement skills in collaboration with account leads to propose expansive systems or service solutions to client.
- Demonstrates hunter mentality to actively pursue solution opportunities in acquisition and development accounts and to pursue new business.
- Possesses the ability to independently articulate the technical solution and the commercial benefits to the client.
- Uses storage knowledge to actively prospect within accounts, to discover or cultivate sales opportunities.
- Knowledge of storage, cloud, solution or service offerings as well as competitor’s offerings is an advantage.
- Understands or willing to learn how and when to engage different types of partners effectively, and is able to map the right partner to an opportunity.
- Recognizes and celebrates successes.
- Possesses advanced financial acumen and leverages the available tools to profile each account’s business unit.
- Good prioritization and delegation skills in order to focus on the key client opportunities.
- Account size ranges; may work in a Small, medium, Enterprise, or corporate segment; varied sales cycle.
- Assigned average or higher size quota.
- May coordinate internal & external partners to deliver appropriate solution sale.
- Establishes relationships with customer/partner at all organizational levels; able to interface with senior levels in internal and external groups.
Hewlett Packard Enterprise is EEO F/M/Protected Veteran/ Individual with Disabilities.
HPE will comply with all applicable laws related to the use of arrest and conviction records, including the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance and similar laws and will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories.