Who we are and what we do
You will become part of the team named Digital Controls within the Accounting and Internal Controls function of Deloitte Risk Advisory – a multidisciplinary function dealing with all aspects of risk and compliance. We help our clients transform and elevate the ways in which they leverage technology, data, processes, and controls, to address financial, regulatory, operational, and cyber risks within their business operations.
The Digital Controls team is an international team comprised of a multitude of educational and professional backgrounds with a broad perspective and a wide range of competencies. We believe that ideas matter, and we embrace diversity of thought in the shaping of our collective state of mind and mission. Within Risk Advisory we strive to foster an inclusive culture founded on collaboration, curiosity, high ambitions, and a healthy work/life balance. We use our international experience to identify best practices and create measurable value drivers for our clients. We do so in the following ways:
- Advise on ethical applications of data, data governance, data culture and data quality to help our clients become data driven and transform their data into business assets of the future.
- Help organisations take advantage of new and innovative technologies and better foresee and manage their risks through data analytics and machine learning.
- Analyse business processes through data analytics using market leading tools and advice companies on optimal ways to improve with this data-driven approach.
- Transform organisations to deliver a high level of business performance by analysis of financial and operational processes and systems, and organization of the control system to manage key risks effectively.
We strive to do this through deployment of digitalisation and automation, but also by ensuring the right data culture exists within the organization
Based on client needs, your competencies and preferences, the focus of your assignments will vary. Below you will see some examples of the tasks that could be part of the job:
- Analysing business processes – both financial and operational – to identify potential risks or bottlenecks in the processes. This leads to providing advisory for optimisation purposes – often through deployment of automation and other new technologies.
- Providing deep insights into existing and emerging risks in different processes and organisations through analytics and deployment of new technologies
- Performing comprehensive system and business reviews to provide our clients with practical recommendations to enhance governance, quality and execution
- Supporting our clients with data-driven decision making to identify areas for improvement and provide related recommendations towards Executive Management and the Board.
- Implementation of risk or controls assessment tools with a foundation in datadriven methods.
You will be working across departments within Deloitte and be involved with clients of various size, type, and business segment within the private and public sector. You will quickly be involved in client proposals and help produce key analyses, reports and products. We will make sure that you get to grips with the latest models, methodologies, tools and frameworks so that you feel confident when approaching the client. If you dream of making a successful career, then this position within the Digital Controls team is an excellent choice. You will be enrolled within the Risk Advisory’s Consultant School which is for all graduates starting in Risk Advisory, and it will be your fast track to excel in working as a consultant. As a result you will be a part of a network of young professionals across the competencies in Risk Advisory.
Skills and experiences
We are looking for graduates that fit in one or more of the following profiles:
data governance. For all three profiles are the following skills and experiences relevant:
- A degree in subjects such as statistics, mathematics, computer science, artificial intelligence (AI), audit, astrophysics, business administration or similar with a focus on technology, economics, accounting, finance and/or information management
- A curious learning mentality
- The ability to work independently, but also as an excellent teammate
- Strong problem-solving, analytical and troubleshooting skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Curiosity and passion about data and technology
More specifically for the three profiles we are looking for skills and experiences within:
- Ability to translate client needs to models and features from structured and unstructured data
- Fluency in relevant programming languages, such as Python, R and/or SQL
- Experience working in cloud systems with data and deployment
- Knowledge about data visualisation tools like Tableau or Power BI
- Experience in Excel, Alteryx or other data management tools
- Experience in relevant programming languages, such as Python, R and SQL
- Process analysis, design and implementation
- Insights into data disciplines, such as ETL/Data pipelines, database administration, or data analytics
- Data modelling and data architecture
What we promise
We believe in leadership at all levels. Therefore, we foster a culture that encourages you to take the lead on your personal development in close collaboration with your dedicated coach assigned to you to serve as a mentor and a sounding board. We offer you a strong and often life-long professional network allowing you to unfold your full potential. You will become part of a large team, and your development will take place in a truly social environment, which is of high importance to us. We promise that we will take a dedicated approach to your continued learning and development. We have a proven track record of accelerating talent development founded on hands-on experience, a structured and tailored consultant school programme, and your colleagues and experienced consultants will serve as your sounding board.
Click the apply button aboveif you are ready to join our Digital Controls team in August 2023. Attach your application, CV and grade transcript from your Bachelor’s and/or Master’s degrees, as well as other relevant documents. We process applications and arrange interviews on a continuous basis, so we recommend that you apply as soon as possible. Please specify which of the three profiles above that you are interested in – it can be more than one. Please do not hesitate to contact Camilla Trinderup at [email protected] or Mette Foss Andersen at [email protected]
Join Graduate Night
Meet our people and discover your possibilities in Risk Advisory, including all the great support and training we offer for new employees. We are hosting an event to give you insights into Risk Advisory and our Consultant School. The event takes place on
23 November 2022 from 17:00 to 20:00. Read more about Graduate Night and sign up here: RA Graduate Night 2022 – YoungCRM
We look forward to connecting with you!