The Global Arla brand team is hiring a new global innovation manager to take responsibility for the innovation pipeline within the Stronger Me territory.
“Innovation is a hugely important lever in the coming years with a significant level of revenue in our 2026 strategy set to come from our Arla brand growth territory “Stronger Me”. Creatively developing portfolio, both product and packaging, to suit changing needs and channels, is an exciting opportunity for the right person to grow themselves and drive our business”says Katie Reed, global VP of the Arla Brand.
About the job
Reporting to the Director of Stronger Me you play a critical role in building the Stronger Me territory, currently worth in excess of 100m Euros and growing double digit! Specifically, you will work with an extended team and local markets to develop the sub-brand positions Arla Skyr and Arla Protein, which have a growth potential to double in the coming years.
It will be your task to lead innovations for the territory through our sub-brands, Arla Skyr and Arla Protein. On Arla Skyr we have the exciting journey of continuing to build penetration in an expanding Skyr segment via new occasions, product renovation and meeting new consumer needs. On Arla Protein, you will have the opportunity to continue the growth trajectory, which has hit record growth in 2022 (~60%) and has big growth opportunities ahead in both drinks and yogurts.
As Global Innovation Manager, you will:
- Lead and drive innovation within the growth territory with the cross-functional team, developing the right portfolio on associated brands, focusing on big scalable innovations cross market
- Support the Director in defining the innovation agenda 3-5 years ahead and building associated Strongholds
- Assume end-to-end ownership of projects – from concept development to product development (in collaboration with product/pack development team and other functions)
- Securing SPRING (stage gate) approval with market commitment and ultimately handover to the brand team at Gate 3
- Be part of driving a global governance model with single point of contact for markets, fostering strong communication and contracting on expectations with different stakeholders
Who are you?
We imagine that you know how to develop brands through innovation, obtained from your education and 3-5 years relevant work experience in FMCG. You possess both the analytical and creative skills needed to develop strong innovations that deliver for the consumer, the category and ultimately, our P&L. To succeed in the role, you will make use of your ability to bring people along on the journey and build productive relationships.
In addition, we are looking for:
- Strong project management skills with ability to run projects cross functional teams
- Experience with developing the commercial side of innovation e.g. P&L and pricing
- Experience from a role in a market and either have or want to develop a central working experience in a global role
- Fluency in English
The role is be flexible in where candidates can be located within our core EU markets. We have flexibility to work from home or from one of our offices. The role does require flexibility to travel 6-9 days per month (if you are based in Aarhus Denmark, travel will be less).
Application and contact
We would love you to apply as soon as possible. Interviews will commence imminently. For additional information, please contact Claire Mackintosh +4591314466.
We have a purpose for Good
At Arla, we strive to unlock the highest potential in each other while working together to create a sustainable future of dairy. We call it Stronger People Stronger Planet and it is deeply anchored in our organisation and founded on our commitment to respecting human rights, increasing access to healthy dairy nutrition, inspiring good food habits, and improving the environment for future generations. In order to succeed we need to hire people with a sustainable mindset. Could this be you?
BEWARE! RECRUITMENT FRAUD
It has come to our attention that there are a number of fraudulent emails and fake recruitment campaigns on the internet from people purporting to work for Arla Foods. Learn more via this link.