If you are up for a challenge in a complex yet fun environment, then read more about our role at BCD Travel and come fly with us!
Senior Manager, Meetings & Events
Full-time, (home) based in Denmark, Finland, or Norway
We’re BCD Travel, one of the world’s leading corporate travel management companies with offices around the globe. We help our clients travel smart and achieve more. People join our company because we provide a dynamic work environment, where no two days are the same. And our people stay with us because we care about their work-life balance. But don’t just take our word for it: we’ve been voted top place to work and recognized by Investors In People, Flexjobs and Forbes.
In this role you will be responsible for delivering operational excellence in all aspects of delivery. You will be working with team leaders from different countries. As a Senior Manager, you will oversee the planning and execution of successful and profitable incentive/meeting/event programs while maintaining a high level of customer service to program participants and the client.
A snapshot of this opportunity
- Develop customer specific standard operating procedure
- Ensure all audits, procedures and process improvements are conducted to meet Scorecard objectives
- Continually monitor staff alignment and organization to ensure the highest levels of customer service, efficiency, and productivity
- Oversee customer specific reporting requirements
- Review reporting to identify trends and impact on the business plan
- Benchmark and monitor trends recommending program change opportunities
- Implement procedures and monitor negotiated savings on total meeting spend to ensure client expectation of savings/cost avoidance is being met
- Conduct performance reviews for direct reports
How you can set yourself apart
- Client management and outside-vendors management, sourcing and negotiating contract services
- Extensive supervisory or team leader experience
- Experience in meeting planning and client product knowledge to be able to anticipate and solve problems prior to program impact required
- Able to travel as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Applications
- Good analytical skills, general understanding of accounting, budget and profit and loss statements
- Strong leadership, customer service, and organization skills
- Ability to select, motivate, coach, and develop staff in line with operational objectives
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills, including public speaking and client presentations
- Ability to work well under pressure and adapt to ever-changing scenarios
What we offer you
At BCD Travel, we work with highly motivated and passionate people. We value open communication, collaboration, and a flexible work-life balance. We offer unique, often global, experiences that empower you to develop and grow within the organization. Sustainability and helping others is also high on our list. We make a difference through charitable activities in our communities across the globe.
BCD Travel helps companies make the most of what they spend on travel. We give travelers innovative tools that keep them safe and productive and help them make good choices on the road. We partner with travel and procurement leaders to simplify the complexities of business travel, drive savings and satisfaction, and move whole companies toward their goals. In short, we help our clients travel smart and achieve more. We make this happen in 109 countries with a global client retention rate of 98%, the highest in the industry. For more information, visit www.bcdtravel.com.
Create your profile and upload your resume/cover letter via our website. Feel free to reach out to us with any questions via [email protected] Note: send your application via the website only.
Stay informed about new career opportunities at BCD Travel
Use the ‘notify me’ button in our careers center to be one of the first to hear about interesting opportunities in the future. On the left-hand side of the screen, you can select filters to see updates on all vacancies that match your interest.
- Note: We’ll give preference to internal and/or furloughed employees.