As part of our ambitious growth strategy, we are looking for a Senior Sourcer, who can secure our daily business and negotiate attractive prices and terms at the same time in a global market. The Senior Sourcer is a determined and experienced sourcing professional with good analytical and communicative skills. You will be working in an international organisation and will be part of the establishment of our new sourcing team in Houston.
A profile able to ensure, maintain and expand current as well as new business contracts
The Senior Sourcer will, amongst others, be given the responsibility to advice key stakeholders, investigate and explore new trends and tendencies within the market. Furthermore, daily purchasing, sourcing of marine fuel, following up on deliveries, confirmations, cost, and quality will also be part of your daily tasks. Your cooperation with the rest of the sourcing team, suppliers and subcontractors will be of great importance to succeed in this position.
Your other tasks include:
- Optimizing and handling the supplier portfolio and ensuring the needed capacity in relation to future demands
- Participate in daily routines and offer support, advice, and guidance to colleagues within Bunker Holding
- Negotiate and close long term business contracts
- Involvement in trading derivatives/hedging techniques
- Support development and execution of our purchasing strategy
- Supplier visits and development and product screening
- Claims handling and post fixing follow-up
Strong sourcing experience with a commercial approach
We expect you to have at least 3 years of experience from a similar position, preferably from the oil trading or shipping industry. The ideal candidate has technical insight in bunkering, excellent negotiation skills and project management capabilities. You speak and write English fluently and an additional language such as Spanish would be considered an advantage.
Furthermore, you have:
- A commercial approach to procurement and relevant purchasing qualification
- Excellent influencing skills and strong analytical skills
- Proven understanding of procurement methodologies
- Demonstrable “hands on” problem solving abilities in multi-cultural and dynamic environment
- Able to analyse market and price development
As a person you are positive, result-oriented, structured and a proactive individual who is comfortable operating at all levels to solve issues. You are a self-starter who operates effectively with minimum supervision and a positive attitude.
Want to join the team and help shape the future?
If you should have any additional questions to the position, before applying, please do not hesitate to reach out to Global Sourcing Manager, Mads Buchwald at +45 6037 6722.
Remember that above description of the position is the ideal requirements for a candidate, however we strongly believe in inclusion and diversity, for which reason we encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
Please apply for the position by sending your CV and cover by following the link, which will direct you to Indeed.com. We process applications on a continuous basis, which is why we encourage you to send your application as soon as possible.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Job Type: Full-time