Worldline is the European leader in digital payments and number four worldwide, powered by over 20,000 employees in more than 50 countries. Every day, our technology provides the trusted infrastructure for millions of people and businesses around the world – and we’re just getting started. We are on an exciting journey to lead the way towards the next frontier of payments. Our ambitions are extraordinarily high, and we need the best people in the world to bring them to life – people like you. So if you are a highly skilled Sr Accountantlooking to make a real impact on the world, join our journey!
In this role you will be part of the Nordic Accounting and Reporting team, with an operative responsibility for our Danish legal entities within the Group. You will be the team leader for our Danish accounting team responsible for planning the daily work within the department, reporting to the Head Of Accounting in Stockholm, Sweden.
We have many hardworking and dedicated peers that would love for you to work with tahem. We are committed to continuous improvement. We are always looking for new and innovative ways to improve quality, reduce costs, build excellent solutions, and grow customer happiness. We would like to welcome an organized, innovative and process driven colleague to our team in Odense, Denmark.
Your main responsibilities include:
- Responsible for all accounting for our three Danish legal entities
- Plan and lead the daily work for our Danish accounting team of three people
- Monthly and annual closings including annual reports
- Responsible for the audits and co-ordination together with the auditors
- VAT reporting and statistical reporting to the authorities
- Invoicing to our clients including co-ordination with our collection agency
- Finance support to the organization
- Participate in projects which involves both finance department but also operations
- Ensure correct and high-quality reporting within deadlines
- Lead the billing and cash collection toward our clients, on an SMB market, in full cooperation between finance and business
Signs of success:
We need you to become a speaking partner with local operations, customer support and sales department.
You are accountable for your P&L, your revenue and you can support business controllers to understand the numbers.
We also need you to support the company in optimizing our financial transactions and systems after the transformation to our new financial system (SAP).
Working with streamlining and improving our controls and reconciliations as well as enjoying communicating with team-mates and working together as a team is other signs of success in this role.
Skills we can’t do without:
In order to be highly successful in this position we think that you have most of the following:
- An academic degree in finance, accounting or related field
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Full working proficiency in Danish and English
- At least 5 years proven experience in finance/accounting
- Strong Excel skills
- Skills in mathematics, accounting and finance
- Ethical behaviour
- Enjoy working in a team at our Danish HQ
Skills we’d like:
- You pay attention to detail
- You have previous experience working with SAP and/or knowledge of IFRS and Local Gaap
Grow with us, create tomorrow
At Worldline, we are dedicated to helping our people unlock their full potential – both professionally and personally. With comprehensive training and development programs, expert communities, and global mobility programs, you will always be able to develop and grow at Worldline – wherever you want to go and whatever you want to do. We also offer flexible hours and remote working, to empower you to be your best self at work and at home. 8 in 10 Worldliners consider Worldline a friendly place to work, and 9 in 10 are satisfied with the training & development they receive.
Worldline is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, colour, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Learn more about life at Worldline on careers.worldline.com